Senior Hardware Design Engineer
Currently, we are on the lookout for a Senior Hardware Design Engineer who is passionate about designing state-of-the-art hardware and wants to work with a world-class development team to achieve it.
Preferably, you would have relevant recent experience and have worked for at least 8 years. If you have successfully design devices with high pin count controller and RF circuitries, understand the concept of best-known method and always strive to contribute positively to the R&D environment, we want to hear from you.
You will be responsible for:
- Defining system hardware architecture
- Designing innovative board schematics & PCB layouts
- Reviewing and signing off new design
- Creating technical hardware documentation as necessary
- Performing electrical bring up & validation for new products
- Performing necessary simulation (e.g., SPICE) to simulate circuit functionality and robustness
- Defining and performing Design of Experiment (DOE) to validate engineering assumptions
- Analyzing and recommending solutions to various engineering issues and challenges
- Collaborating with certification bodies to certify LanternEdge products to the required standards
- Leading and collaborating with various teams to ensure successful product design and development
- Bachelor’s Degree or master’s degree in electrical/electronic engineering or equivalent.
- At least 8 years of hands-on experience in product hardware design and development.
- Experience in developing consumer or industrial electronic/electrical devices/equipment.
- Familiarity with ORCAD Capture, Allegro and/or Altium design software.
- Excellent technical knowledge in:
- Intel/AMD CPU based motherboard design and/or high pin count microcontroller/microprocessor circuitries.
- DC-DC converter circuit design and LDO
- PCIe Gen 4/3 and DDR 4/3 high speed design
- Signal and power integrity
- Peripheral interfaces: I2C, SMBus, SPI, UART, JTAG, etc.
- Common PC interfaces circuitries: Ethernet, USB, SFP+, POE
- Battery PCM (Protection Circuit Module) circuit and technology.
- Radio Frequency (RF) circuit design and/or antenna radiation pattern
- Wireless technology such as Zigbee, Thread, Bluetooth Low Energy.
- Product validation and/or EMC/EMI testing.
- Product certification knowledge such as CE, EMC/RF/FCC, ATEX/IECEx.
- Candidate with good understanding of mechanical/thermal design and exposure to manufacturing process and testing is desirable.
- Highly responsible and independent, hands-on problem solver
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, communication, and written and verbal skills
- Flexible, open-minded, self-motivated, quick learner, initiative, reliable and a team player
- Able to multi-task, prioritize activities, work independently and calmly under pressure